Friday, October 5, 2012

Wishful Thinking Technique


Applied properly, this approach can free you from any unnecessary implicit assumptions that you are making about the challenges you face. Procedure for use: Generally, the steps to follow in applying the technique are as follows: 1. State the question, goal, situation, or problem. 2. Assume anything is possible. 3. Using fantasy, make statements such as: “What I really want to do is...” or “If I could choose any answer to this question, it would be ...” 4. Examine each fantasy and transpose it into your reality by making statements such as: “Although I really cannot do that, I can do this by...” or “It seems impractical to do that, but I believe we can accomplish the same thing by ...” 5. If necessary, repeat Steps 3 and 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment