Friday, March 2, 2012

Elevate everyday experiences to the level of sacredness!

When work is done with such love, it fills the body and mind with bliss and transforms any place into a sacred space. As Khalil Gibran writes in The Prophet, “What is it to work with love? It is to weave the cloth from the strings of your heart, as though your Beloved were to wear it.” What is required to fill your blood with the chemicals of bliss is an attitude transplant. Soar on your positive attitude.
Here is an example:
I first met Reg when he was in his late seventies in Pondicherry. He was running the ‘Good Guest House’. Hidden behind high walls,, it is a lovely guest house surrounded by a green garden. It was a pleasant surprise, to step in from the dusty, noisy street behind high walls, through a wooden door into that secret, perfect place. The floors gleamed, sparklingly clean; paintings hung on the walls and it was silent inside. Reg, once upon a time, was a French chef. He met the Mother and stayed behind ‛forever’, to look after the ‘Good Guest House’ for Her! ‘Who keeps it so clean?’ I asked. ‘I do it’, he says. ‘I love to keep it gleaming, because when I clean the floor, I feel I am wiping Mother’s feet’.

No comments:

Post a Comment